Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2011 and SQL Server

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT Pro 2011 and SQL Server

Finally reinstalled.  Here's what I did.  went to c:\programfiles\microsoft sql server and deleted all subdirectories except one for another program I use.  Went back and renamed c:\program files\act to actold.  Tried to reinstall act 2011.  It failed.  renamed act old directory back to act, reinstalled act 2010 (went without a hitch), created a one person database and exited.  Installed Act 2011.  Installed without a hitch.  Now all I have problems with is the synch between act 2011 and outlook 2010.  I note when I run services.msc, I have a SQL Server (act 7) that is started and a SQL server (act 11) that won't start.  It is not clear which one is for ACT 2011.  BTW, Act 2010 auto uninstalls when Act 2011 installs. 

Any help on outlook 2010 synch as well as the services issue would be appreciated.

Tuned Listener

I was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ARGHHH

The reinstalled act 2011 was using sql 2005 to open databases not 2008 r2.  I tried to create a new database and got an error which indicated that.  So, I went and uninstalled sql 2005 and then tried to reinsall 2008r2.  I am back at the same place I was yesterday.

I have been using ACT since it was a DOS product.  This product is a Beta at best.  If someone figures out a way to install this and make it work in the next week or so please let me know, otherwise I will be returning it.

Copper Elite Contributor

Ageffen

I have sent you a message

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Tuned Listener

Where did the message go, cause I don't see anything and nothing got to my pop mailbox

Copper Elite Contributor

Ageffen,

Click on the little envolpe in the top right corner, I have sent you a message there

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Platinum Elite Contributor

Here's a link I used to fix a similar issue:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/89eb8038-68a6-4201-a784-aa00...

See the part about reversing the code and searching the registry to delete the items (backup the registry first)

Tuned Listener

Well this time the reverse search worked.  Must have found a dozen or more instances of it.  Deleted all instances.  Went back and sucessfully installed SQL 2008 R2 (Act was already installed).  AFter the install of SQL, tried to run ACT.  No Go, uninstalled ACT 2011, rebooted, reinstalled leaving the successful standalone sql 2008 r2 alone.  This time ACT 2011 loads and loads a database and allowed me to create a new database.  

I noted in services running that the instance of sql server that is running is pegged to ACT 7 and that the sql server that is pegged to ACT 11 is set to automatic, but will not start.  This worries me.

Also, I cannot do a successful synch to outlook 2010 calendar or contacts.  

Does anyone know the answers to any of these issues.??

Tuned Listener

Error on Calendar Synch attempt

I got the contacts to synch, but the Calendar won't and the following is the error.

Erro during activity sync.

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041288

at Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage.SqlMetadataStore.GetSingleReplicaMetadata()

at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.BaseSyncProvider`2.InitializeMetadataStore()

at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.BaseSyncProvider`2.BeginSession(SyncProviderPosition position, SyncSessionContext syncSessionContext)

at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeProviderProxy.BeginSession(SYNC_PROVIDER_ROLE providerRole, ISyncSessionState pSessionState)

at Microsoft.Synchronization.CoreInterop.ISyncSession.Start(CONFLICT_RESOLUTION_POLICY resolutionPolicy, _SYNC_SESSION_STATISTICS& pSyncSessionStatistics)

at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWaySyncHelper(SyncIdFormatGroup sourceIdFormats, SyncIdFormatGroup destinationIdFormats, KnowledgeSyncProviderConfiguration destinationConfiguration, SyncCallbacks DestinationCallbacks, ISyncProvider sourceProxy, ISyncProvider destinationProxy, ChangeDataAdapter callbackChangeDataAdapter, SyncDataConverter conflictDataConverter, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)

at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWayKnowledgeSync(SyncDataConverter sourceConverter, SyncDataConverter destinationConverter, SyncProvider sourceProvider, SyncProvider destinationProvider, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)

at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()

at Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()

at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.ActivitySynchronizer.SyncAllAppointments(IConfigurationService configurationService, DateTime start, DateTime end)