Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Pro 2011 Upgrade to Pro 2012 BUG - Custom Activity Types

Copper Contributor

ACT! Pro 2011 Upgrade to Pro 2012 BUG - Custom Activity Types

BEWARE when upgrading from Sage ACT! Pro 2011 to Pro 2012 - you will lose all your activities with custom Activity Types. This bug has been acknowledged and recorded with Sage technical support.

If you have created custom (other than default) Activity Types (Schedule > Manage > Activity Types) in ACT! Pro 2011, all the activities scheduled with a custom activity type (other than Appointment, Call, Meeting, To-Do, Personal Activity or Vacation) will NOT be moved over when upgrade to ACT! Pro 2012 and such activities will be unrecoverable. I lost upwards to 40 activities in the upgrade.

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS 1.0 (1988)
Silver Contributor

Re: ACT! Pro 2011 Upgrade to Pro 2012 BUG - Custom Activity Types

did you just upgrade your current database? or did you make a copy and upgrade that?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

I simply downloaded and installed the 2012 upgrade, which I assume upgraded the 2011 database.

Again, this BUG has been verified and acknowledged by a ACT! tech support representative and logged as such.
Bronze Contributor

So I wonder if there has been any update on this upgrade bug

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Super Contributor

I've been unable to reproduce the issue upgrading a 2011 Premium database with custom activity types to 2012 Premium.  I will set up a 2011/2012 Pro environment and test.

With my test: all custom activity types were retained along with the scheduled activities (both cleared/un-cleared - future and past.).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I should note the custom activity type descriptions were retained in the upgrade from ACT! Pro 2011 to Pro 2012, it was just the scheduled activities that were lost.

We've tested a conversion using both ACT! 2012 Pro and 2012 Premium and have not been able to reproduce this issue (lost activities).   At this time, we have no known issues of lost activities when converting a database with custom activity types.

If you can send me a  Private Note with your account number or a case number, I can follow up with the analyst to determine why they believed it to be a reported issue.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Additional information: All the missing custom activity type scheduled activities lost during the upgrade from ACT! Pro 2011 to Pro 2012 had multiple contacts associated with the activities. 

Thanks for the additional information, we'll test that scenario!
Greg Martin
Sage