Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2011 Deleted contacts, no backups, .ADF file from June, looking for help

ACT Pro 2011 Deleted contacts, no backups, .ADF file from June, looking for help

Hello

We are still using Pro 2011.  Yesterday a coworker attempted to delete one contact, the result was deletion of all contacts from G-Z.  Didn't realize our backup software wasn't backing up ACT!  I have .adf file from June, found instructions online for opening without .alf file, didn't work got error messages.  Looking for any suggestions. Thank You, to anyone that responds.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 2011 Deleted contacts, no backups, .ADF file from June, looking for help

I suspect there is no good news. there is no recovery of the deleted contacts in the database where they were. Most backup software won't back up an ACT! database because the SQL server opens the database files at boot time, that's why you need to use the ACT! backup. Database repair may be able to recover something from the ADF file you found.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT Pro 2011 Deleted contacts, no backups, .ADF file from June, looking for help

Roy

Thank You, for the reply. Used actdiag to try attaching to the ADF file, get error message. Was not able to get the repair database option to see the file. Any suggestions? Or are you referring to something else?

Thanks Steve

I was referring to sending the file in the database repair service. There would be no other field repair.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Sorry, new to ACT!, Believe I just found page for that on ACT's webpage

Sent email to actdbrepair@swiftpage.com a week ago about the recovery process, never receives reply.

We have a database recovery service. Go to our WEB site techbenders.com
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129