Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2011: Cannot open Shared Database

ACT Pro 2011: Cannot open Shared Database

I have an ACT database loaded on a Windows 7 machine.  Two days ago all of our Windows 7 machines (including the one that the database resides on) had their logon passwords changed.  After this change all machines were able to successfully launch the ACT database yesterday.  This morning I am getting the message "The database could not be accessed......" when I try to launch the database from other machines.  I can open the database on the machine it is loaded on.  I have checked and the SQL server is running and I restarted it on all machines.  The directory where the database lives is accessible to all users. We can open other documents etc located there via the network.  The ACT database is being shared.    It is running just fine on the machine it is loaded on.  Network sharing is working.  I'm not sure what else to check.  Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 2011: Cannot open Shared Database

First question:  You are talking about the Windows logins, yes?

Next, am I correct in understanding that the day following the password change ALL ACT! users were good?  It was then the NEXT day that there became an issue with getting into ACT!... correct?

If those statements are correct, it would seem that the password change is not the issue with whatever is going on, right?

You say "The directory where the database lives is accessible to all users".  How have you test this?

Any possibility of firewall and/or AV getting in the way?  Microsoft updates applied?