Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2011 Activation Issue

ACT Pro 2011 Activation Issue

I installed Pro 2011 and registered online.  The product activated.  I received a confirmatory e-mail.  I exited the product and later restarted.  I got the activation window again.  This time, the product will not activate online and there is no installation code for phone activation.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing happened when I first opened ACT.

The activation support people say that this is a technical issue.  They say my computer is corrupted.  I followed the three solutions they sent by e-mail but none work.

I have a brand new Lenovo X220 running Windows 7.

The program was installed on another computer in my company but never used.  I asked about deactivation of the other installation but did not get any answer other than that this is a technical problem.

If I can't get this fixed quickly through this forum, I will throw this program away and find another contact manager that works and has good customer support for problems like this.  I have never been sent to technical support for an activation issue for any product, even Windows!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 2011 Activation Issue

Hello Mrivard,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

I can't determine what steps you have taken, but try running ACT! using the 'Run as administrator' option. To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator'. Does it prompt for registration? If not, check the Help > Register ACT! option to ensure it shows your serial number.
Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the ideas.

I did try to register as an administrator.  No good.

I cannot get into the program to look at help because the registration box must be completed before I can access anything in the program.  Another strange thing is that I have zero days of trial run even though i just installed yesterday.

Any other ideas?

Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article with instructions for this situation, it may have been the article you already received, but try the steps to remove the original registration files: KB Article 14245.

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage

Got it.  The instructions that I received before didn't have the registry change.  Thanks for the help.