Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 16.2.14 Crashes When Attempting to Open Attachment in Contact History

ACT Pro 16.2.14 Crashes When Attempting to Open Attachment in Contact History

I recently upgraded to Windows 10.  ACT Pro seems to be pretty compatible with Windows 10 so far.  Unfortnuately, whenever I attempt to open attachment in a contact's history, the program crashes and closes.  Has anyone yet experienced this?  If so, any success in fixing the issue.  Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 16.2.14 Crashes When Attempting to Open Attachment in Contact History

This is a known problem.. It is currently under investigation as a matter of priority. Unfortunately there is no workaround.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Re: ACT Pro 16.2.14 Crashes When Attempting to Open Attachment in Contact History

Thanks David.

Hi Friends,

I have found this solution which is actually applicable to ACT 17 but it has worked for me on ACT! Premium 16.2

Please click below for the solution.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38199

If any queries, let me know if I can help.

Regards

Muneesh.

Copper Contributor

Did you run DocTabFix.exe (Option 1 for v17) or did you copy the .dll and re-register with gacutil?  (Option 2)

Option 2 worked for me.

Following is another solution which I tested and is working correctly.

1. Open File Location for ACT! Premium.

2. Right Click on ACT! Premium file and select Properties.

3. In the Compatibility Tab, select 'run in compatible mode in Windows 8'

4. Also select 'Run As Administator'.

5. Press Okay and Close the windows.

6. Start ACT! Premium and it should be working correctly and attaching documents.

7. If any questions, feel free to reply to me and I will help you out.

Thanks.

Copper Contributor

Muneesh Kumar - 

Thanks for the effort but this did not work on Win 10 x64 or x32.   I've advised my client to upgrade to 17 (even though they just bought v16 in Jan of 2014) to work around this issue.  If you have any other ideas, please let me know.