Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 12 Update; "Not Compatible"

ACT Pro 12 Update; "Not Compatible"

Have version 14.0.572.0 of ACT Pro on a new laptap and also on an original computer under the same license for one user. The update to 14.1.108.0 took on the original computer.

When trying to do the same update on the new laptop (also ACT version 14.0.572.0), the update downloads (87651KB) and unpacks, but errors out with the following message:

"The Version of SageACT detected is not compatible with this update. The update will now end."

I have tried installing this update with ACT 12 open, from the Help, Update menu, and also by downloading the update from the ACT website to my desktop. I get the same error message each way after 3 attempts each way.

As a side note, I do have ACT Connect installed. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 12 Update; "Not Compatible"

It may be the the Windows Installer information for Sage ACT! 2012 has become corrupted.  I have sent you a Private Note with a download link for the Sage ACT! Pro 2012 SP1 installation files.  Uninstall the current program, reboot the computer, use the downloaded file to install Sage ACT!. 

Note: The Service Pack 1 update is included in these installation files, you will not need to apply an update after the installation.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: ACT Pro 12 Update; "Not Compatible"

Thanks, Greg, it worked.

I couldn't seem to uninstall ACT! Pro 12 (probably administrator rights issue in Windows 7) but I was able to remove the serial number. I then downloaded the full version from your private link which include SP1, and it installed fine.