Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium for Web 2010 v12 Look Up Issue

Copper Contributor

ACT Premium for Web 2010 v12 Look Up Issue

Hi All, 

I was trying to look up on Mobile Phone fields which contain data, but when the look up is done I can see blank records also as well. I am bit confused why this happen, I tried to all the necessary things repair of DB and all but didn't help.

Did any one came across with this kind of issue, if yes have you got the solutions and also if any one can help me will be great help.

Best Regards, 

Aasif.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Premium for Web 2010 v12 Look Up Issue

Hello Aasif,
Does the same lookup work if you run it on the installed version of ACT! as opposed to the web client?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greig, 

Thank you for your quick reply...

Actually i had checked on the installed version of ACT! on the server where its been installed..

I had not run on browser.

Infact when i tried on Demo DB it works fine donno what is wrong.. i tried reparing the DB but no use.

Regards, 

Aasif

Just to clarify, the lookup is bringing up the correct results, but also displaying records that appear to have no data in the field you are doing the lookup on? Are you looking up a single field or multiple fields? What is the lookup method you are using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Yes you are right it give me correct result with having no data as well. i am looking for single field i.e. Mobile Phone -->contains Data.

[ Edited ]

Do you have a field format or default value set for this field (this would be in the properties for that field in Tools > Define Fields)? Try this:
- Backup your database (recommended)
- Do the lookup as you have been doing it
- Sort the results so that all the blank field records are together
- Highlight all the blank records and click "Lookup selected" from the toolbar - should now have just a list of the blank records
- On the main menu, click Edit > Replace Field
- Choose the Mobile Phone field and leave the Value blank - run it
- Do your lookup again and see if you get the same results

- Go to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair - run it

* The above process removes any data from the selected fields for only the contacts in the active lookup.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Many Thanks Greig... Let me do this and will update you the result..