Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2012 Will Not Synch Contacts To Outlook

Bronze Contributor

ACT Premium 2012 Will Not Synch Contacts To Outlook

I've been trying to get the right set of contacts to sync from ACT to Outlook.

ACT 2012 Premium, Outlook 2010 32-bit

I was successful twice.  The goal is to get the contacts to sync to my BB.  The last time I had all the contacts in Outlook it didn't sync after 3 days.  I deleted all the contacts again and tried to sync from ACT but now it collects the info and then says the sync is complete after a minute or two.  However, there are no contacts in Outlook.  I then tried deleting all the sets in ACT and created a new name that collected the right number of contacts but nothing went over.

Any suggestions?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Premium 2012 Will Not Synch Contacts To Outlook

Sage ACT! keeps track of contacts deleted from Outlook so that it won't repopulate them with the next sync.  Here are instructions for deleting the tracking files, which will allow all contacts to sync again: KB Article 27105

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

I followed the instructions and now have a more sever problem.  I can't do a contact lookup.  I'm getting the message in the attached image. 

I first double clicked on the file "Sage.ACT.Integration.exe" but didn't notice that it was an XML Confiogurtion.  It came up and I just closed the window.

I then double clicked on "Sage.ACT.Integration" and nothing seemed to work, so I rebooted.

When I opened ACT I am no longer able to do a search on Contacts, companies, last name, etc.  I can enter the value I'm searching on, but I get the message when I click on enter.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Platinum Elite Contributor

For the new error, see this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14539

A word of warning, John ... ACT! does warning about syncing to Outlook then from that to something else (like a phone or Exchange). It will cause records to either duplicate or to be deleted in many scenarios.

To sync with the BB, the best way would be with one of the third-party solutions like Handheld Contact