Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 Database Restore Issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 Database Restore Issue

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty new ACT. The issue I am having is with my database that I created and used on my local machine. I had to reinstall my OS (Win XP SP2) and my Act Database was located in the Act folder in My Documents. I copied My Documents folder (Along with the ACT Folder & files in the folder) on an external drive. I then reinstalled my OS and ACt of course. I then tried to use the Open Database option and open the files I had backed up on my External Drive. (I copied the Act files back on my local machine to a different location and then tried opening them). I noticed I had several files ending with .ADF and .Pad, So I tried importing them (Open Database option) individually without success. I get a message every time I try this that says

"This database has been updated to work with a more current version of ACT! You must update your copy of ACT! In order to log-on to this database. Do you want to check for updates now?"

I select Yes and it tells me that my ACT! Software is up to date.

I'm really frustrated here and can't figure out what I've been doing wrong. This is the only version of Act I have on my machine. I even had an old ACT database backup zipped file (Though not the one I need to access) and it gives me the same message when I try the Restore command.

My system info is:

Act Premium 2009 Ver. 11.0.0.367

1 user on a local machine

Additional info: I just checked my Database version that I am trying to open and it says 11.01.0178.000 and the Act11Demo database that is on my newly installed software says 11.00.0348.000 - so I am guessing that I need to update my version of Act..but it shows that all my software is up to date when I try updating..what am I missing here?

My ultimate goal is to recover my database with the custom layout I implemented and all the email attachments I had on it!! If the attachment (emails) are not possible to recover then at leas the contacts / data information.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rtriam

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rtriam
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 Database Restore Issue

You need to download SP1 and install it manually.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rtriam
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to download SP1 and install it manually.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the info. I actully just figured it out..I downloaded the ACT1110PremUSUpdate.exe from the downloads page and it solved the problem.
One last question...is the SP1 the same as the ACT1110PremUSUpdate.exe?

Thanks for your time.
BR
rtriam