Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT PRO no longer sees Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT PRO no longer sees Outlook

Outlook and ACT were working fantastic until today.

I suspect an new update to Avast anti-virus this morning has something to do with it. 

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

When I click an email address within ACT to send email it comes up with a message the email system has not been set up. Then it prompts me to repair. After the repair procedure, it then prompts me to re-start ACT. 

But even after a re-start and re-boot the same as above.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT PRO no longer sees Outlook

Never mind, figured it out myself...

But for those who'd like to know the new version of Avast virus checker puts the rcActout.dll file in Maintenance/Virus Check area. You need to right click on it and 'restore'. Shut down ACT and re-start. It takes care of business. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Never mind, figured it out myself...

But for those who'd like to know the new version of Avast virus checker puts the rcActout.dll file in Maintenance/Virus Check area. You need to right click on it and 'restore'. Shut down ACT and re-start. It takes care of business. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

This is great information - thanks for sharing the issue and your solution!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

One question for you. You said when you click an email it prompts you to repair. Is that an ACT! or Outlook message? And what did it say needed to be repaired? Thanks.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

It was an ACT message. I dont recall the entire message but once I clicked repair an DOS type prompt exe file opened up and when done the ACT email set up wizard opened up. However, it only gave me the internet email account set up. No Outlook option.