Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT PRO 2011 Database Synchronization

ACT PRO 2011 Database Synchronization

I am looking for a contact manager for personal use on both my home and work laptops. I will want to view and update my contact database on both either PC and keep the data synchronized.

Does the personal licensing of ACT PRO allow me to run the software on both my home and work PCs?

Does ACT PRO have a feature that will synchronize the databases on two different PCs?   If so, what is the basic process to synchronize the databases?

Is there an option to simply share a database somehow without the hassle of synchronization?

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT PRO 2011 Database Synchronization

Yes, you can use one license on two machine if only used by one person. Sync can be done either by bringing the two together on a LAN or remotely using something like Hamachi

Other options here:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/11/supporting-remote-users-with-act-by.html

Thank you for your quick reply. 

I have a wireless network at home and both laptops can easily connect with it each evening. (I am comfortable with syncing once a day (as opposed to "real time".)  I assume that this would work for purposes of syncing over a LAN, true?

What is the basic process for syncing a contact database over a LAN? 

THANKS!

Thanks again for the quick reply. 

What I really want to know is this: Once my two laptops have ACT PRO loaded and logged into to the same wireless network, is syncing simply a matter of clicking a button (or making a menu selection)? or is it a more complicated, multi-step process?

Also, what is APPLICATION SYNC? a function build into ACT PRO? a free add-in? a separate program to buy?

Finally, one of my laptops is running Win XP (SP3). The other is running Win7.  Is this a problem?

Thanks!