Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Outlook calendar sync problem

Copper Contributor

ACT! Outlook calendar sync problem

All of my  "Med-High" Priority scheduled meetings that change to "High" priority after syncing the calendar with Outlook 2007.

Any suggestions?

Also, If I have a meeting scheduled with a contact, after syncing with Outlook 2007, the meeting shows the contact plus my contact.

Example:

before sync-[Doe, John] Lunch

after sync-[Doe, John;My contact] Lunch

Any suggestions? I would like it to remain just with the scheduled contact.

Thanks!!

Re: ACT! Outlook calendar sync problem

I have a slightly different calendar sync problem with Outlook 2007. I'm using ACT! 2011 (assume you are too) and Sage's native sync.  Some of my calendar items go over to Outlook and some don't. If they are to-do's it sometimes helps to open them in the calendar (not just set them up in task list) but I haven't found any other pattern. My task list doesn't get updated although it looks like it did once in the past, then stopped. 

Also I updated a to-do, changing to a newer date, and that to-do synced to the Outlook Calendar but won't show up in the ACT! calendar, only in the task list!  I am doing all these updates in ACT! Think I will try updating Outlook and see if they go to ACT!.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Do timeless activities not show up in the calendar by design?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Timeless activities cannot display in the calendar as they are timeless. To be in the calendar they must have date and time. As you might appreciate, if a timeless activity is to be placed in say a daily calendar, it would be at a specific time which is in conflict with it being timeless. The timeless activities are listed to the right of the calendar along with the 'timefull' ones - grouped by user name.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Quite true in ACT! But I'm trying to sync changes from ACT to Outlook, and in Outlook they display in a bar at the top of each date (when viewed by week. They're timeless, not dateless).  I finally discovered an entry in the knowledgebase that seems to address this: Answer 25094. And it does look better after I closed and reopened Outlook. I'll monitor. Thanks for your reply.