Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Outlook add-in missing

ACT! Outlook add-in missing

I use ACT! 2008, Outlook 2007, Windows XP SP3, on a desktop PC.

I am having trouble getting a proper integration between ACT! and Outlook.  In following the instructions in Answer ID 23949, I am in the ACT! Extensions section.  It tells me to make sure the ACT! Outlook add-in is selected in the Outlook Trust Center.  I cannot do that because the add-in does not appear and, therefore, cannot be selected.  The add-in also does not appear in the Disabled Items section of Outlook.  What can I do to get the ACT! Outlook add-in available in the Trust Center?

Thanks.

Wayne

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Outlook add-in missing

Hello Wayne,
In the Trust Center, go to the dropdown at the bottom of the Add-Ins screen, choose COM Add-Ins, and click Go. Check the ACT! Add-In if it's there, then save and restart Outlook. If not, then you will need to uninstall and reinstall ACT! to get the add-ins restored.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The add-in is not there. Looks like I will need to uninstall and reinstall ACT! 2008.  Is there any ancillary effect that will happen other than restoring the add-in?

Platinum Elite Contributor

No, only a fresh install of ACT!. This will not affect your database, but make a backup before uninstalling as a best practice. Also, can you go to Help > About ACT! before you uninstall, and tell me the exact version number (including Hot Fix). If you like I can send you a download link for your version to make the install easier.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks; the re-install of ACT! worked flawlessly.  So, I have the add-in and have done all I know to do to get a copy of the outbound e-mails in my ACT! contacts History tab - no success.

I have followed all the instructions in answers 23949, 21428, and 23022.

I think Outlook is OK because the Sent Items folder in Outlook contains the e-mails that have been sent out using Outlook alone or via ACT! using Outlook.  But ACT! has stopped giving me a record of sent e-mails in my History tab.  It formerly put a notice in History and it included the text of the e-mail that I could click on and read the whole message.  It does not do so now.  "Attach to all contacts" is selected and I have even made sure that the address book in Outlook shows the ACT! database in which I am working.  All the databases in which a contact might be found are listed in that section.

So, I am at a dead end.  I did put in "ACT! E-marketing" but have not yet done anything with it.  Could its presence be causing my problem with History or is it something else?

Thanks!