Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! + Outlook + Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions - Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 8.0

ACT! + Outlook + Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions - Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 8.0

HI,

Our company has been using Outlook to track business contacts, but it has many limitations when managing them. I have suggested we use Act! to do so. In addition to Act! we need to use Outlook for our e-mails and Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions - Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 8.0 for accounting.

One of the things we hope to attain is to have sales information readily available on Act! pulled from Quickbooks and be able to use the same customer/vendor database for all 3 programs so there are no duplications... among other things.

Can these 3 programs work together well?

What are the drawbacks in doing this?

And what do you recommend?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Sandro.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! + Outlook + Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions - Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 8.0

Your design will work well in a centralized (LAN) environment; make sure the workstations have plenty of RAM.

You will end up with duplication between the QB and ACT databases but you can achieve the look and feel of integration using the ACT link for QuickBooks add on. (Check for compatibility with that version of QB)

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT! + Outlook + Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions - Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 8.0

ACTLink for Quickbooks isnt ready for Quickbooks 8 yet. It should be released within a month or 2. Last I heard was July but who knows fo sure.

The other stumbling block is I dont know if the link works aith enterprise versions of QB. I know it works with pro and premier (I use premier) but the actual company files are the same format so it might work?  I'll see if I can find out.

Matt

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Hi Matt,

What does ACTLink do? Does it solve the duplication problem I mention? Does it allow to pull sales info from Quickbooks?

Thanks for checking if it works with our version of QB.

Sandro.

Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now you can only view quickbooks activity from within act. You cant generate reports or access it directly from ACT.

It isa link between the two. It DOES allow you to generate a QB customer from an ACT contact. This eliminates typos and such when creating a QB record for someone.  It makes a new tab in ACT where you can look at QB records for a customer. so you can see their recent acivity, balances, averages etc.. you can also generate invoices from within act. 

So far, like i said, its just a fancy window from ACT into QB.  The most recent one i was using was for QB2006. I like it for what it is but it could be SO much more.  They are Beta testing the new one now but im not in on that test  so i dont know what features theyve added or improved upon.

Here is alink to the current datasheet on ACT Link...

http://www.act.com/docs/2008/act07_datasheet_act08_qb_02535_7-26_final.pdf

edit: to add link

Message Edited by mvpulsts on 05-23-2008 06:07 PM
Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with ACT! [Tim], and they told me that they only work with the Pro and Premium editions of QB not with the one we have. Therefore ACTlink [even the next version] will not work for us.

Is there any other solution to attain what we need?

Thanks All for your help!

Sandro.

Matt,

You say Actlink isn't ready for Quickbooks 2008 yet.  I can't find any indication that they are developing this tool.  I'm trying to investigate using an ODBC connection to do read/write access between Quickbooks and Act. 

It would be awesome to get more info on Actlink functionality and when it's due for release.

Cheers,

Sean

I am installing Act 2009 (11.0) along with Act Link. We use QB Enterprise. I'm unable to perform the Accounting Link function. After reading these, it appears Act will not interface with QB Enterprise. Can someone confirm this???

John

At this time, ALFQB is only compatible with Professional and Premier editions.

ACT! Link for use with QuickBooks System Requirements 

Copper Contributor

Our Quickbooks Link for ACT! works with Quickbooks Enterprise versions.  The product is called QBSalesData.

Visit our website for all of the details:   www.qbsalesdata.com

Don Grubor

Effective Solutions