Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT/Outlook Contact Synchronization Issues

ACT/Outlook Contact Synchronization Issues

I am currently getting a synchronization failure when I try to sync contacts.  I have been having this touble since having to reload ACT and Outlook after a hard drive failure.  Currently using ACT Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1.  2 of our 4 users here are having the same issue. Both computers where the issue occurs had ACT installed after initial network and workstation installation.

Below are two screen shots of dialog boxes that are not right and appear to be related to this problem.  In the first you can see that the Outlook Syn Box does not appear correctly.  I can activiate it to get to the next screen, which is also shown below.  Here the "Enable Contact box" is checked but there are no boxes to check where we have defined our sync sets.  Nothing on the key board activates any of these items.  This happend on initial installation and stayed the same when I upgraded all workstations and the server to SP1 Hot Fix one.  When I hit Sync contacts, boxes appear and run through both the ACT and Outlook contacts, and only at the end it says it failed.  Is anyone aware of this issue or having similiar trouble?  It appears to be a software issues as there is no other user input related to this task.  Thanks for any help!

SyncPreferences.GIFAct SyncPage.GIF

Re: ACT/Outlook Contact Synchronization Issues

I have corrected the issue related to the 2 screen shoots by finding an answer else where in this forum.  A great help.  I am still have the sync failure when trying to get updated contacts from ACT into Outlook.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT/Outlook Contact Synchronization Issues

Hello Plx99,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Glad to hear you resolved the issue with the dialog boxes.

For the sync 'fail' messages, it may be that you have UAC enabled on the computer.  This would only apply to Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers.  Try running Sage ACT! using the 'Run as administrator' option; to do this: close Sage ACT! > right click on Sage ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > test sync.

If it still fails, disable UAC and test.  Instructions for disabling UAC:

- Windows 7: KB Article 25665

- Windows Vista: KB Article 20220

Greg Martin
Sage