Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT.OUTLOOK.SERVICE issues

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT.OUTLOOK.SERVICE issues

We currently run ACT 2009 (Hotfix 1) with ACTlink to Sage Business Works in an 8 user environment. I'm not quite sure why ACT does not like my particular machine but I have some serious issues with the Act.Outlook.Service. I've searched the web for a year now and have never found a solution so hopefully someone in the community can help. I run a Dell Optiplex 740 w/AMD Athlon 64 and 2GB ram (OS is XP Pro SP3). My OL 2007 has Business Contact Manager so I'm not sure if that's why my machine is the only one here that has problems. I also am the only one that also has SQL 2007 installed on it in addition to SQL 2005 that ACT uses. My ACT.OUTLOOK.SERVICE tries to attach emails continuously. When I view the progress it will show processing 3 emails even when I haven't sent any emails out and I don't have any "Not Attached" emails to process. After running for 2-3 hours it will begin to tie up my machine and cause my CPU to run at 100% until the service just crashes (normally a system out of memory error). I'm sure this is not how it's supposed to perform and don't know why my machine doesn't like it.Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author lizzit
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT.OUTLOOK.SERVICE issues

Hello lizzit,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Please see the following Knowledgebase articles regarding troubleshooting the Act!.Outlook.Service.exe:

Troubleshooting Outlook® Integration History Queue Processing Using Error Handling

Emails Sent to an Outlook® Distribution List or Group Do Not Attach to Contact History

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author lizzit
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello lizzit,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Please see the following Knowledgebase articles regarding troubleshooting the Act!.Outlook.Service.exe:

Troubleshooting Outlook® Integration History Queue Processing Using Error Handling

Emails Sent to an Outlook® Distribution List or Group Do Not Attach to Contact History

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanx Greg! Found out that I still had 3 temp files in the HistoryQue folder. I deleted them, rebooted (to restart ACT.OUTLOOK.SERVICE that I terminated this morning after it started hanging) and she's been running like a charm. I had forgotten how fast this machine could run. Thanx again.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Just a thought, it seems to me that a "Smarter" ACT! should be looking at these error files and presenting the user with a simple automated recovery option, rather than the user having to be a techno rocket scientist to follow those sort of recovery procedures from a sea of knowledgebase. Smarter Recovery options such as this would certainly make the product & computer o.s. much more stable. Make the users much happier for sure. In the mean time though, thanks for this board and the knowledgebase resources. Cheers - FSB
Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Bill,

Thank you for your feedback on this post...your contributions are always appreciated. This would be a good suggestion to post on the Share Your Ideas board. Please be as specific as possible as to what you are suggesting the program do.

Thank you,

Greig Hollister

Its nice to clear the queues and Act then performs like it should but give it a month and it will be back to being stuffed again.  End user should not have to go killing services and deleting temp files.