Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! OLE DB Provider for Reporting 2.0

Tuned Listener

ACT! OLE DB Provider for Reporting 2.0

Hi All,

I'm kinda new to ACT!...using version 11 (2009)....and one of the things I'm trying is to use Excel to pull data from my ACT! databases...however Excel seems to keep crashing a a certain point...and I have no idea why.

I have tried with both Excel 2003, as well as Excel 2007....same problem.

I have tried with the ActReader.exe file, as well as by creating an ODBC connection.

I find that Access works just fine...using an ODBC connection....however Excel doesn't.

I was wondering whether the "OLE DB Provider..." bundled with version 2010 would help...or even be compatible with ACT! 2009 Premium, to begin with. Does anyone know?

Also, is the "OLE DB Provider..." installed by default, or is it something that has to be installed separately. If it's the latter, then how is it done...or what is the filename that I have to use?

Thanks.

Cyril

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! OLE DB Provider for Reporting 2.0

What information are you trying to extract to Excel? Most list views can be exported directly to Excel.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I prefer not to do the "Export" and then "Import" thing (in ACT! and Excel respectively).....since my main intention is to save time, reduce mouse/keyboard use, and unnecessary use of multiple applications.

I want to do some pivot charts, graphs etc. in Excel..and I just want to remain in Excel and pull the data transparently from ACT! I believe it should be possible but I've just hit a roadblock, and I don't know how to get past it.

Best,

Cyril

-----------------------------------------

www.SynergyIntegration.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

It's a direct one click export. Click on the Export Current List to Excel button and what ever is in the list view is directly opened in Excel.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129