Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Mobile Live

Nickel Contributor

ACT! Mobile Live

My DB has 2081 contacts and I went to the AML portal and it shows 2081 contacts. But when I start a sync down to my Blackberry there are over 4,000 contacts coming in.

Platinum Elite Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT! Mobile Live

Very interesting. I was running HHC for about a year and was satisfied with it except for a few minor compliants:

The calendar functions are a little week. For example, you can set a default to Month, Week or Day. And when you highlight a item on the calendar it doesn't "preview" on the bottom of the screen like the built-in Blackberry calendar. In HHC you have to "open" the calendar item to see what it is.

Therefore the Blackberry calendar is more user friendly.

Also, with the Blackberry, I like to make phone calls by "Call from Contacts" in the BB menu and that feature uses the BB Contacts. So with HHC I still have to use Companion Link to sync ACT! contacts to the BB to get them into the BB Contacts.

I was attracted to AML becasue it uses the BB calendar and contacts features.

But syncing with AML is not too smooth so I'm going back to HHC. Hope I can get a refund of my $120 from Sage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

There is actually a preference in HHC to pop-up the preview in the calendar

Which HHC you can "Export to Address book" to load your HHC contacts to the address book and call from there ... although this doesn't automate the History like calling from HHC
Nickel Contributor

Thanks. Two good tips. They need to list all of the features / functions of the Preferences in the User Manual. There are still some of us around who read manuals.