Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Mobile Live for Windows Mobile and Symbian devices now available! #actmobile

Copper Super Contributor

ACT! Mobile Live for Windows Mobile and Symbian devices now available! #actmobile

Continuing our phased rollout of ACT! Mobile Live, Sage is happy to announce the expanded availability of ACT! Mobile Live for Windows Mobile and Symbian devices. This release continues the expansion of device support that now includes BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows PocketPC, and Nokia devices running the mobile Symbian OS.

ACT! Mobile Live is a great way to access ACT! contact and calendar details on your mobile device all sync’d wirelessly through this Cloud based service.

You can learn more information about this new mobile offering or try it yourself today by checking out our free trial at http://www.act.com/products/businessservices/mobile/.

Thanks,

Brandon Balsley

Director, Product Management, Sage ACT!|

Re: ACT! Mobile Live for Windows Mobile and Symbian devices now available! #actmobile

I'm trying to use ACT! Mobile for Blackberry. Although I think I have it set to only update from ACT to the Blackberry, it says "sending" when I start synchronization from the Blackberry.

any suggestions?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! Mobile Live for Windows Mobile and Symbian devices now available! #actmobile

Hi,

There are two places you can configure the sync direction; one on the PC, which controls data movement to and from the AML portal, and from the device, which controls data sync between the device and the AML portal.

By selecting One Way setting on the PC setup or preferences, ACT! data is sync'd up to the AML portal, but ACT! does not bring in any changes back to the ACT! database. However, data will still sync from the device to the AML portal, it just won't be brought into ACT!.

To stop your device data from syncing to the portal, you can also set the device to sync One Way from the Blackberry, ACT! Mobile Live Client. To do this from your BlackBerry open ACT! Mobile Live, select the Blackberry key, and then Settings.

Once inside the Settings, look for the Sync direction and set it to One Way.

Brandon Balsley

Director, Product Management, Sage ACT!|

Hi,

I am posting from the UK where we are awaiting the release of ACT! 2011. Within that release their is the option of ACT! Mobile Live, so I am led to believe from ACT! Tech Support UK.

I believe that you guys in the states have had the release of the RIM Blackberry Torch 9800 since the beginning of August. This device uses the new BB OS 6 and I was wondering if ACT! Mobile Live has been tested on BB OS 6.

The launch of the Blackberry Torch 9800 over here is anticipated for mid September which will probably coincide with ACT! 2011.

It would be good to hear your thoughts.

Dan

We are looking to discontinue use of Handheld Contact and go with Act Mobile Live possibly.  Is Act Mobile Live compatible with Windows 7 phones or Android phones?  If not I notices where it talked about an online portal, is it possible to view and manipulate appointments there via web browser?  I believe both of those phones have a full web browser in them.  I look forward to hearing back.

Thanks,

Keith L. McDonald

www.DogFenceAL.com

www.PetStuffWarehouse.com

Brandon, I am currently using ACT 2011 and have just purchased the Samsung Focus with windows phone 7.  I am trying to figure out the best solution to integrate seamlessly contacts and the calendar.  Your advise, wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Laura

I have two compatibility questions - what about the Android OS?  Compatible?  Also, our company hasn't upgraded yet to the new ACT version, we are still running ACT6 - my guess is that ACT Mobile won't work with that.  Is this correct?

Thanks,

Paul

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Huzzah2k,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Currently the Mobile Live system supports Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and Symbian phone operating systems and is compatible with Act! 2010 and 2011.  For additional information, here is a link to the system requirements: AML System Requirements.

For basic information about the Mobile Live program, visit this link: Mobile Live Information.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks!  Any plans for porting to the Android OS?

Platinum Super Contributor

While there are plans to support the Android OS, we haven't received a target date for it yet.
Greg Martin
Sage