01-05-2011 06:40 AM
Yes, it is driving me crazy. Have you found any solutions? I suspect it has something to do with syncronizing with Outlook but not sure. I have my settings set to keep ACT data always.
01-05-2011 06:56 AM
I can't answer as to what is removing the email information (not a known issue), but here are some steps to help resolve/track the issue:
- Run Database Maintenance: this is done through the Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair option
- Make frequent backups and keep multiple versions of the backups (File > Backup > Database) - so that information can be retrieved (restore using File > Restore > Database > Restore As option).
- Change the Email field to record history when it is changed so that you can determine when it is updated. This is done through the Tools > Define Fields option. Double click on the e-mail field and enable the setting for 'Generate History'.
Note: If the 'Generate History' option is able to capture the removal of the data, it will record a history item that shows the previous value (the email address).
A precautionary step:
- Copy the contents of the E-Mail field to a different field as a backup. To do this:
- Assuming you are not currently using the 'User 10' field (if you are, you can create a new field for this) - peform Lookup > All Contacts.
- On the Contact List view > select Edit > Copy Field
- Select to Copy From the E-mail field to the User 10 field. It will copy the data for all contacts in the List view.
Then, when you find a contact without an email address, you can check the User Fields tab and look at User 10 for the data.
06-27-2011 12:52 PM