Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Menu missing in WORD 2003

ACT! Menu missing in WORD 2003

I am running ACT PRO 2012 in Windows 7 using Microsoft WORD 2003.  I tried to modify a  document template and realized the ACT! menu is missing in WORD so I could not access the "Show Fields List".  When I searched the KB I found ID 21680 which said I sould verify that HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\ACT7.OfficeAddin LoadBehavior had a VALUE DATA set to 3.    I followed the directions but when I open the tree at KEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Office the only program listed was OUTLOOK.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! Menu missing in WORD 2003

Hello Srcjobs,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Through ACT!, go to Tools > Preferences > Communication tab > Word Processor option > is Microsoft Word a selectable option?

By the absence of the registry key, I would think that Office did not install correctly.  Is there anything special about the version of Office/Word you have installed?  Example: stand-alone or student editions...

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: ACT! Menu missing in WORD 2003

Greg:

In answer to your question, yes, Microsoft WORD is a selectable option.  Here is want make the whole thing even more confusing for me.  I have 3 computer sharing the database.  On 2 of the computers the ACT! menu is missing.  On the computer that the  database is actaul on the ACT! Menu appears in WORD.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

Geoff