Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! / MS Office integration not working under Windows8

ACT! / MS Office integration not working under Windows8

I am using Act! Pro Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 4 under Windows 8.1 (laptop, same issue existed with Windows 8) and MS Office 365 installed, not used via web.  When I try to export the opportunity list to Excel, I get the following error message:

Error: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID (00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046) failed."

Similar problems exist when trying to write an email (Outlook is set as email editor) or writing from or modifying an ACT template using Word.

I have the same configuration (ACT! v16 and MS Office 365) on my desktop computer, but instead of Windows8 that machine is using Windows7.  Everything works fine here.

Does anybody have an idea why ACT! version 16 works with MS Office 365 under Windows7 but not under Windows8?

Thanks in advance. 

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACT! / MS Office integration not working under Windows8

What does the rest of the error message say?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Silver Super Contributor

Also the 64bit version of Office isn't supported if that is the version you installed on the Windows 8 machine.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

The full message is:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID (00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046) failed due to the following error: 8008005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8008005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE).

It is the 32 bit version.

Microsoft Excel 2013 (15.0.4535.1507)  MSO (15.0.4535.1507) 32-bit

Same on both machines.

Silver Super Contributor

I haven't tried it myself but I read a post on the web where someone had the same error that you had and it was resolved by installing Visual Studio Tools for Office.  They were not having the problem integrating with ACT!.  I don't know if it will help you but it probably won't hurt.  Here is the link if you want to give it  a try.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40790

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Thanks, Stan.  Installed it, but no change in behavior.  The problem still exists.

Silver Super Contributor

Here is another webpage where someone has the same issue.  Try allowing the Network Service account access to the launch conditions for DCOM.

http://forums.asp.net/t/1093228.aspx

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Thanks again, Stan. 

Unfortunately no success either.

Karlheinz

Silver Super Contributor

Without resorting to actually trying to figure out what is causing the problem by monitoring the processes themselvels using something like ProcessMonitor the next thing to try would be repairing Office.  Then I would uninstall ACT! and Office and reinstall Office and then ACT! although the order doesn't really matter much anymore.  If that doesn't work then you'll have to use something like ProcessMonitor to figure out what is actually causing the problem.  It could be that your machine has a bad install of .NET or some other DLL.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com