Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Link for Pocket PC vs Activesync

Nickel Contributor

ACT Link for Pocket PC vs Activesync

what is the differencebetween using the two? Right now I sync ACT and Outlook using Doublelook and also keep Outlook and my pocket pc phone sync'd using activesync.  This works for the most part and I dont really have any complaints.

On my wishlist is to have a pocket version of ACT on the phone or at least a better way of clearing and creating tasks and activities and recrding histories and such.  Does the ACT link software have more back and forth functionality than activesync?

I see Handheld Contact is available for an annual subscription and if i were in a group office environment and really need up to the minute access to the entire database, id go that direction. 

I dont always carry my laptop with me and it would be nice to have something i could to more of the basic ACT tasks in during the day and plug ain and sync up once i got back home to the office.  I think there used to be one? Im pretty sure that was bak in the ACT 6 days though...

So, ayone using ACT link?  How well does it work?  I'd try it but i dont have a whole lot of free time to resurrect my phone if somethig were to go wrong.  Maybe one day soon.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Link for Pocket PC vs Activesync

Only Handheld Contact would give you the added information that you require - because both the ACT! Link and DoubleLook go to the standard PIM within the device, activities and histories are not directly linked to a contact in the system.