Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Link for Pocket PC blue screen error

ACT Link for Pocket PC blue screen error

I have installed ACT Link for Pocket PC twice and both times have experienced a BLUE SCREEN error where Windows XP shuts down with an error saying a file is corrupt or damaged and windows has shut down to prevent damage to the computer. On turning the computer off and restarting, the Microsoft Error Message reporting screen appears. When it sends the error report a web page then opens saying if I have installed new software recently there was apparently a driver incorrectly installed and that I need to remove it. ACT Link appeared to install without problems.  This is a random problem and doesn't happen at a specific step in the sync process that I can see.  I have successfully synced at times and then for no apparent reason I get the error.
I'm running ACT 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 on a Dell Vostro 1510 laptop running Windows XP

Re: ACT Link for Pocket PC blue screen error

Just to be clear, you get the blue screen when installing or syncing? 

Installation seemed to go fine. There were no errors during either installation. The blue screen and shut down happen randomly while the iPAQ is syncing or just simply sitting in it's cradle connected to the computer via the USB cable.  I uninstalled the software and for a couple of weeks without it installed, the problem went away. I then reinstalled the software and immediately during the first sync I got the blue screen again and Windows shut down. I uninstalled the software again and have had no errors with it since uninstalling. Unfortunately it doesn't do me much good while uninstalled.

Just updating this post hoping to get a resolution so I can hopefully install ACT Link without crashing my computer.
Bronze Elite Contributor

My advice is that if you want a solid solution to sync to pda use Companionlink or HandHeld Contact. The reliability of the link products as distributed with ACT! are not as good as they were. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog