Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Link for Pocket PC Vista 64 bit

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT Link for Pocket PC Vista 64 bit

I recently installed ACT 2009 and Outlook 2007 on a new Window Vista 64bit.  I can no longer sync the correct data to my smart phone (ATT 8525).  The sync process seems to ignore the ACT contacts and will only sync the Outlook Contacts.  My guess is the Act Link for Pocket PC is not compatible with Vista v64.  Can anyone confirm this or offer some advise.  The process seems to sync, but the contacts are not visable on the phone.  I used the Act Link successfully for several years on my older computer with Outlook 2003.  Now I have a mess and not sure how to resolve it.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated as always,

Dale Kenyon

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dale Kenyon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Link for Pocket PC Vista 64 bit

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dale Kenyon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

Synchronization with the Pocket PC and Windows Vista® Does Not Transfer Any Data

I usually find users are happier if they use Handheld Contact to sync instead. There's a trial you can install to see if it suits you.

How exactly is spending more money for something that I have already purchased an acceptable solution?  I already had to spend money to upgrade to version 11.0 when my existing software wouldn't run on my new 64 bit OS.  Now your telling me I need to spend more because not everything I purchased with version 11.0 runs on my new 64 bit OS.  NICE!

Handheld Contact also has a free edition.

I simply said it's the best solution, not the only one.