Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Link for Palm OS (Ver. 7.0.4) "Error occurred connecting to the specified database" "Unable to connect to ACT! database. Unspecified error"

ACT Link for Palm OS (Ver. 7.0.4) "Error occurred connecting to the specified database" "Unable to connect to ACT! database. Unspecified error"

[ Edited ]

Error during Sync: An error occurred connecting to the specified database. Make sure you can open your database in ACT!, check to make sure you have synchronization access, and then use this configuration application to re-select your database.

ACT Version: ACT 2005 ver 7.0.4.82

ACT Link for Palm OS Version: 7.0.4

System OS: XPP SP3

Disabled Services: FireWall and Antivirus Application

PALM IIIx OS Version: 3.5.2

HOT Sync Version: 4.1.0

Originally had ACT Version 6 installed on PC with its ACT Palm OS software which worked fine. Recently upgraded to new PC and installed ACT for 2005 version 7 which I had but never installed before, applied lastest updates. ACT converted the database to version 7 with no issue. I am currently able to open and run ACT 2005 Version 7 with no errors or issues. I install ACT Link for Palm OS with no errors but when I tried to sync, I got the above error. I found a document about deleting the old ACT Palm OS application from the Palm handheld, disableing the firewall and antivirus software, and ensuring you can login to the database which I've did.

Here is my HotSync Log:

ACT! Activities Starting       05/20/08 11:49:00.546

Unable to connect to ACT! database. Unspecified error. Make sure you can open your database in ACT!, and then use ACT! Link for Palm Settings to re-select your database.

ACT! Contacts Starting       05/20/08 11:49:04.531

Unable to connect to ACT! database. Unspecified error. Make sure you can open your database in ACT!, and then use ACT! Link for Palm Settings to re-select your database.

I have verified that I can open my database in ACT and re-selected my database but I still get the same error. 

Please HELP,

Ray

Message Edited by rbasly on 05-20-2008 12:13 PM
Message Edited by rbasly on 05-20-2008 12:19 PM