Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Hosted v18

ACT Hosted v18

I was just "rewarded" with the new version of ACT hosted 18 when I got to the office this morning.  All sorts of issues but the main one is that I can not schedule a call, meeting, or to do.  I am using Internet Explorer.  When I click on the icon at the top, a box pops up but there is not data in it.  Just a blank screen.  Anyone know how to solve this?  I spent 90 minutes on hold this morning and don't feel like doing that again.  Thanks.  

Re: ACT Hosted v18

Now when I click on it, it is telling me "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values". Ugh. I hate updates. Especially ones that are clearly not ready to be rolled out yet. 32 minutes on hold and counting....

You are not alone - we have been running ACT v17.2 for quite some time using IE 10 and this weekend Microsoft did an automatic update to our workstations to IE v 11.0.29 and bizarre things occurred. Our VP IT elected to take the ACT v18 upgrade now as it has the reputation of being better aligned with browser interface. That initiated several rounds of "how to fix this" issues for IE v11 - then placed in emulation mode for IE v10 and even tried Google Chrome which worked somewhat better but had unique shortcomings on its own. We are not reverting back to the non-browser interface on each desktop to get our own salesreps back to full function after four days of chasing our tails. The automated Microsoft desktop updates seem to have initiated new variables that ACT was not ready for and we are still putting out fires as a result.

That should read "we are NOW reverting back to non-browser interface"
Administrator

I've only seen one other instance of this issue in the thread below, where I've posted some suggestions:
http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/A-small-bug-in-ACT-V18-Premium-Web/td-p/320602/page/2

I've tested on IE update version 11.0.28 and am not able to replicate the issue.