Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Google Calendar Integration sending out unwanted event invitations to customers

ACT Google Calendar Integration sending out unwanted event invitations to customers

I have been trying to integrate my ACT calendar and my Google calendar with the ACT integration tools, but I've had to stop using it because Google has repeatedly sent out invites to events scheduled with contacts who have email addresses. Is there any way to stop this from happening? Google Integration on ACT is essentially useless for me if I have to constantly worry about bothering my customers

Re: ACT Google Calendar Integration sending out unwanted event invitations to customers

Hi.  I was wondering if you were able to rectify this issue.  I have suddenly been flooded with clients complaining that I am sending them Google Calendar and Google+ invitations to meetings that aren't even happening on a day or time that I have in my ACT calendar.  Your help is appreciated.

Re: ACT Google Calendar Integration sending out unwanted event invitations to customers

I'd love an answer too - I don't use Google but it's doing it with Office 365 version of Outlook.  Terribly frustrating.

Administrator

Are you selecting the "Send invitation e-mail" checkbox when creating the activity? This will send an invite if selected.

Act!_2016-04-01_14-12-23.png

No, I am not.  I've had Act! tech support on the phone, through my hosting provider multiple times, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Act! on my computer, etc. Nothing makes it stop.  AND - it doesn't do it for every single calendar entry - it's more than random, but less than 100%.

The most unbelievably frustrating thing ever.

Here's an example of what was in my sent mail a few months ago before I had to just turn it off and start doing duplicate calendar entries in outlook and Act! manually.

Gawalla: Thank you for your response as we were thinking it was a Google Apps issue and were considering moving to 365.

Gary, W.: Thanks, but no, I never have the Invitation box checked in ACT.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

So these seem to be two separate issues.

The issue with invites being automatically sent when synchronising with Google was reportedly fixed in v17. What version are you running @ndtab?

This issue with Outlook sending meeting invites automatically is not something we've seen before, but after some investigation, it seems that may be due to an Outlook issue.

@gawalla are you seeing this meeting invite sent just before the meeting, or at the time of scheduling? Are you using iOS devices with your Exchange accounts?

This is the issue in question: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3108249

Found though similar experiences from other (non Act) users https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/158/t/424048

I am using iOS devices.  I'm game to the possibility that Outlook is receiving some info from Act! and acting on it improperly, but it never happened before installing Act! and it never happens when I have calendar sync turned off.  So it's very clearly originating from Act! as that is the only "new" variable in the equation and it's 100% effective when the calendar integration is turned off.

Administrator

What about the send times of the invites in Outlook? That would likely indicate if it's the Outlook issue.

usually a few minutes before - ranges from the day of (for all day events or "timeless" tasks with due dates) to 4-15 minutes prior to the event.  Not connected to the event "reminder" from outlook, but rather to the event "reminder" from Act! itself.