Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Forms- auto-reply email only gets sent once

Highlighted

ACT Forms- auto-reply email only gets sent once

I created a landing page on our WIX website and embedded an ACT! form on the page using the HTML script for the form. I set the auto response to a campaign that would trigger an automated Thank You email. The process works, however here is the problem: The auto-reply email only gets sent once when they fill it out the form the first time.  So, if they come back to the website and fill out the form again... or a third time, they will not get the email reply. I discovered it's because once a person has been added to a campaign and the campaign is active, it will only trigger the email once. 

This is a problem for us because there will be people who will fill out the forms more than once, and so they'll need to get the auto-reply each time they fill it out. I need to know if there is a way in Act! Marketing Automation to send an auto-email reply after a form is filled out, each and every time it is filled out. I am now wondering if the issue is related to the campaign settings.. maybe there is a way to allow the campaign to trigger AGAIN after a form is filled out. Maybe there is a way to trigger an EMAIL reply and not necessarily add the person a drip campaign. 

I have tried setting the option "Allow duplicates" in the form field, but this has NOT worked. Any solution or workaround would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am using Act! Premium Version 21.1.187.0, Update 4 
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT Forms- auto-reply email only gets sent once

One of the Business Partners Keystroke has an outstanding resource in Billy Clark who is hands down the best Act! Marketing Automation resource available. I send Keystroke a copy of this post link to see if they have any thoughts on it.

-Bud

Bud Rice
Pleasanton, CA
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

AMA Campaigns deduplicate off of the email address by design.  When someone fills out your landing page for a second time it does not put that email address back at the top of the campaign.  If you open the end step on your compaign and select 'Manage Subscribers' you'll see the names that went through the campaign.

They would need to be completely removed from the drip campaign in order to start them over, and you can't remove them once they've gone through a completed drip.  I tested out various methods for removing from the response campaign during the landing page end actions in an attempt to see if it would re-queue them through the campaign, but I'm not having any luck.

We're at the crossroads of two systems.  The landing pages are designed to take data and update Act!, then have the option of going to a campaign after completion.  Drip campaigns are designed to keep you from accidentally spamming someone with repeated emails, ergo dedupes per campaign.  I don't believe the function you desire can overcome this hump.

If any Swiftpage employee has anything else to offer or any updates with future features that I'm not aware of that would be very helpful here.

Billy Clark
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Thank you for your reply Billy. I thought it was a tall order, but wanted to see if you have some magic trick up your sleeve. I suppose you could put a check box on the landing page with something like “If you are filling out this form again on purpose CLICK HERE” and have that place the “clicker” into a different follow up campaign then sends the success email and then the workflow takes them out of the “click here” group you might be able to get around this??

-Bud

Bud Rice
Pleasanton, CA
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Until they do it a third time, yes.

Billy Clark
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

No the logic puts them in the "click here" group/campaign and afterwards (success email sent), removes them from the group/campaign. Group/campaign is now empty waiting for the next time they or anyone else clicks on the box.

Wouldn't that work?

-Bud

Bud Rice
Pleasanton, CA
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my experience when you remove a person from a campaign it keeps them in the campaign with a status of 'Stop'.  I'll give it a try though!

Billy Clark
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Oh... Well... that is why I am looking to you for guidance on this one.  Very tricky Billy.  You da champ!

-Bud

Bud Rice

Pleasanton, CA

Highlighted