Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Field List not showing. ACt10 - MS Word 2007

Copper Contributor

ACT Field List not showing. ACt10 - MS Word 2007

I am having a problem which I can't find a specific version of in other threads.

When I try to edit an MSWord Template through Act, I cannot get the Act Fields List to show. I click on Add-in, and select Field List. I get no error, but nothgin happens. This happens on Templates that came with Act, and old ones I have created before and when I click on Create New. 

Any idea?

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Field List not showing. ACt10 - MS Word 2007

Anyone?
Copper Elite Contributor

Gordonrobb,

Well, you can try these first, but you may, ultimately, have to uninstall and reinstall Act!, and if that doesn't work, you may have to remove Act! and Office and start from scratch.  Anyway, let's give it a try.

Solution 1 - Missing Act! Menu Option 

Act! has an Ansewr ID for the missing Act! Menu Option.  Please click on the link: Answer ID 21680. I realize this may not actually apply.  What I suggest is that you remove the options and then re-add them based on this Answer ID.

Solution 2 - General Troubleshooting Guide For Issues With ACT! and Microsoft Outlook 

This solution will give you a few options that may resolve your problem, Answer ID 13826 - General Troubleshooting Guide For Issues With ACT! and Microsoft Outlook

Solution 3 - Remove/Reinstall Act! 

First, and foremost, you should try to use the Control Panel's Add/Remove option to uninstall Act!.  If that doesn't work, there is an uninstaller available.  Here are the Act! links in that order.

Answer ID 21385 - How To Uninstall ACT! By Sage 2008 (10.0)

Answer ID 19338 - How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

I hope this helps.

MrWright

Copper Contributor

First couple didn't help. Was dead against the remove - reinstall option so went diggin.

In word2007 options, there is a tab for Add-ins. In there the add-in was listed as Disabled. There is also an option to manage disabled addins. Went in, re-enabled it and it now works. Will check the other machine we have which is doing it. But as a future solution, I like it better than having to reinstall software.