Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Error Message when opening a saved Word Template

ACT Error Message when opening a saved Word Template

This is my first post, so apologies if i do it wrong, or have posted in the wrong place:

Version of act: 17.1.169.0

We are using Windows 7 and Microsoft office 365

ACT is on a shared server but it is only my PC that is getting the error message

the error message i keep getting up when i'm trying to open a saved template is as follows:

Unable to cast COM objext of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word_Application'.

This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).

Any idea how to solve this. It has been an ongoing issue only usually occurring if ACT has been running in the background idle for some time and i go back on. Usually closing it down and reopening sorts this, however now, i instantly get this error message when i want to open a template.

Re: ACT Error Message when opening a saved Word Template

Hi Amy,

The most common fix for this particular issue can be found here: http://kb.internal.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36939/kw/change%20load%20behaviour%203%20to...

Let us know if this doesn't resolve your problem.

Peter

Hi,

thanks for the swift response, however i cant open the link, it says access denied.