Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Error Message With Outlook 2007

ACT Error Message With Outlook 2007

Help!  I cannot seem to get these two error messages to stop when I open my Outlook 2007 (SP1 MSO).  I have uninstalled ACT using the ADD/Remove programs from the control panel and do not want ACT on this computer anymore.  I have also uninstalled the ACT 7 from  SQL 2005 per the directions on this Board.  I have also gone to the Outlook Add-in manager and removed ACT.

How do I get rid of these messages:

"The add-in Redemption Outlook Etension (CSmiley Tonguerogram files /Act/for windows/ redemption.dll) cannot be located and has been disabled by outlook.  Please contact the Add-in manufacurer for an update.  Otherwise uninstall add-in"

The other error message is:

"The Add-in Act Extension (Act9ext.dll) cannot be located by Outlook - Contact Manufacturer.....etc same as above.

Please help I am about to throw my computer in the pool!

Kevin

kfox100@comcast.net

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Error Message With Outlook 2007

In Outlook 2007:

1) Tools | Trust Center

2) Add-ins

3) COM Add-ins

Uncheck the ACT! addins listed and the message will go away.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Hi,

I followed your instructions to the letter, but no ACT! addins are shown in the list (see attachment). I have uninstalled ACT!, but the following message still keeps appearing everytime I open Outlook 2007:

The Add-in "ACT! Extension" (C:\WINDOWS\systems32m files\Act9Ext.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update.  If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

I have looked everywhere for a fix, but haven't come across any like this. If I have missed an answer, please accept my apologies.

Does anyone out there have any ideas please? 

Copper Contributor

Left over registry entry?

Caution: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. Please obtain the following ACT! Knowledge Base document for detailed information on backing up your registry:

Title: How to Back Up the Windows Registry
    Answer ID: 13807
Once your Windows registry has been backed up, follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
  1. Exit any running applications.
  2. Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
  3. Enter regedit into the Open box, and then click OK. The Registry Editor launches.
  4. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions

On the right side delete

ACT! Extensions

Second time I tried to post this. Excuse if redundant.

Hi there, I have a similar problem. I have deleted Act from my PC but now have the following message pop up everytime I start Outlook 2003.

"The add-in "c:\windows\system32\act9ext.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu"

I have tried using Detect and Repair with no result and have removed the Act extensions from the registy per your suggestion here. Nothing seems to work.

I have also resorted to removing and reinstalling Outlook but this message still pops up.

Have you got any other suggestions to make this disappear?

Copper Contributor

Look at this Registry entry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect

set the LoadBehavior value to 0.

I too am running Outlook 2003 and have also tried to delete ACT from this computer and I'm also getting the redemption.dll error.  I've checked the registry in both places and in both cases there aren't any  ACT extensions, yet still the error message occurs.

Further to my email above - ACT doesn't appear under add-ins either.  I have the McAfee Anti-Spam add in, an Exchange Extensions property pages add in and a Redemption Helper Outlook Extension. 

I am in th esame situation and it is driving me nuts!!!! I have inistalled ACT as my version did not work on the 64 bit windows 8.1 version. I have followed all the advice and it worked for about 6 months, and the error message went away.

I have just changed anti-virus to symamtec endpoint and the message has weirdly returned.

I have followed all the prompts again - and it does not work! How do I get rid of thus damned annoying pop up which does not go away? Incidently I dont want act at all - just to be rid of it.

Help please

FYI I am getting this message..... "The Add-in Act Extension (Act9ext.dll) cannot be located by Outlook - Contact Manufacturer"