Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Email

Copper Contributor

ACT Email

Can I sent drafted html e-mail messages from ACT? I know it's possible to send text based mails but I need to send out html based mails from ACT.

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Email

Hi Guys, I really need a solution for this I have to send html based mails from ACT SDK

Platinum Super Contributor

Can you expand on how the email will be created:
- Will it use a predefined template (ACT! Word Processor or Microsoft Word)?
- Will it be dynamically created from the SDK code?

FYI - using ACT! Internet Mail > create email using Template defaults to an HTML format, but this may not be sufficient.

For true HTML emails, you may want to look at adding Sage E-marketing for ACT! into the mix.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

It will be pretty simple actually I just want to send mails everytime when an opportunity gets confirmed (field changed to confirmed) I can send out the basic text format but I want to send a template just like you said. Is this possible from SDK or I have to use ACT Mailing service.

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

There isn't a built-in function for sending an email using a template, dependent upon a change in data.  I can't answer whether there is a way to do that using the SDK or not.  You may want to post the question in the Developers Forum.

If you are using Sage ACT! 2013, Smart Tasks have the ability to react to changes in the contact data (not opportunity fields) and send either a text based email (won't send using template) or initiate a Sage E-marketing for ACT! email (HTML based email).  Of course Sage E-marketing is a service and has a monthly fee.

Another add-on option may be Northwoods Sales Automation Manager (SAM), it can automate the sending of emails based on data changes (among other things).

Greg Martin
Sage