Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Email "receiving" emails that aren't there.

Tuned Listener

ACT Email "receiving" emails that aren't there.

ACT 2010, Act Email.

When I check my email in ACT, (using ACT's email, no client) I get a message like "Receiving Message 4 of 11" However, there are no new email messages. If there is a new email, then it says receiving 4 of 14, then there would be "2" new messages. The email is working fine otherwise. I can send and receive, just get this annoyance. Any way to "reset" the count or something along that idea ? Been using this install for a year and this started about a month ago.

thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Email "receiving" emails that aren't there.

Hello JimAction,
Are you using ACT! Email with an Outlook mailbox or with an Internet Mail account?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Hi Greig, I use internet mail with Act. No Outlook. No customization.

Jim

Platinum Elite Contributor

It may be these are emails that have already been deleted from your mail providers mail servers. Do you also manage your emails by logging into your mail account online? Or did you set up your mail account with another application besides ACT!?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

I do access my mail accts with different programs and leave copies elsewhere for a backup....let me think about this one and try some editing to see if I can get the two in "sync". I'll let you know what happens. thanks for the perspective.