Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Email does not open Outlook

ACT Email does not open Outlook

[ Edited ]

I solved this one with some research and luck after searching here with no results.

(Running ACT 2007 with latest updates and Outlook 2003)

When trying to send  an email (with Outlook selected as the mail client), absolutlely nothing would happen.  When I clicked on either the Email shortcut or Write/Email from the ACT menu, with Outlook already running, the Outlook message window would not open.  (I had already de-selected Word as the mail editor in Outlook Options)

But I didn't get any error message either. I tried stepping through the Email Setup Wizard  - switching to ACT email and then back to Outlook - no change.  Tried re-starting Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch - no luck.

Then I tried to create a Mail Merge from ACT, and got the following error message:
Error Retrieving the COM Class Factory for Component with CLSID {741BEEFD-AEC0-4AFF-84AF-4F61D15F5526} failed due to the following error: 80040154

The instructions for fixing that Error are here:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23311/~/error%3A-%22error-retrieving-the-co...

After re-registering redemption.dll according to the above instructions, Outlook message window now opens just fine.

Now the ACT  Email shortcut is working, and I can get on with sending a Holiday message to some of my ACT Groups!

Sam

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Email does not open Outlook

Hello Samsterid,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Thank you for sharing your issue and the resolution! I'm sure it will be helpful for others.
Greg Martin
Sage