Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Email, ACT 2009 auto attach emails ?

PJ
Copper Contributor

ACT Email, ACT 2009 auto attach emails ?

Everything I'm reading here seems to imply that ACT doesn't automatically attach incoming emails to it's own email system just outlook ?

Do I really have to go into every email and manually attach them. Also is there a better way to see the eamils than having to go into contact/history/open attachment and read email ? (very long winded when you have to see all the emails attached to a contact).

Thanks for any help !

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT Email, ACT 2009 auto attach emails ?

Hi PJ - No. ACT does not automatically attach all incoming emails. If you have set-up the Outlook integration correctly, you can get every email attached when you reply to a contact that is in ACT. If you want to attach, without replying use the Quick Attach button on the Outlook toolbar. This works for single or multiple emails.
Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
PJ
Copper Contributor

..but I used ACT email mainly because I thought there would be less integration problems if I used ACT's !

You're saying I get better functionality if I use a 3rd party tool ??

I also use Windows Live Mail, would I be better of reconfiguring my system for ACT with outlook ? What's the upgrade entail ?

Cheers

Nickel Contributor

Many prefer to use Outlook because of familiarity - and increased functionality. Go to Tools > Preferences > Email and configure for Outlook. The wizard walks you thought it. If you select the Record History as "Email subject and Message" - then the text of the email (not the email as an attachment) is connected to the contact. This, coupled with the preview pane in the contact's History tab means you can scroll down and view the text from all sent / replied email without having to open them
Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
PJ
Copper Contributor

Yes, that sounds exactly what I was expecting it to do (also be able to search email text)

........but I don't have outlook just Mail Live, can that do the same ? 

Nickel Contributor

This only works in Outlook.
Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
PJ
Copper Contributor

Thanks Trevor !

I feel sad now ....any top tips on using ACT email most welcome