Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT ERROR: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:28952

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT ERROR: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:28952

Try right-clicking the downloaded file, Properties, is there an "Unblock" button?

if so, click it. Then retry.

If there is no "Unblock", then I'm not sure...

Re: ACT ERROR: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:28952

Ben,

I ran the uninstall tool and then installed the my ACT program and all is well. I'm going to see if the diag tool will now install properly.

Thanks for the tip about using the "Unblock" button ... will try that if I run into any other problems.

All the best!

Jeff
Jeff Meyers
WindowsXP7Support.com
Jeff.Meyers@WindowsXP7Support.com
619-955-6246

This exception message says you're trying to connect to the same host ( 127.0.0.1 ), while you're stating that your server is running on a different host. This 127.0.0.1 represents a 'loopback' . It allows the computer to communicate with itself via network protocol .

Dns.GetHostEntry(IPAddress.Loopback).HostName returns the host name of your machine. When you pass a host name to TcpClient , it will resolve it to one or more IP addresses using Dns.GetHostAddresses(hostName) . This includes the public and local IP addresses of your machine (e.g. 192.168.12.10), but not 127.0.0.1 (loopback address). So your client is trying to connect to any of the non-loopback addresses of your machine, while your server is listening only on the loopback address . So, no connection can be established. The solution to this problem is that connect to the same end point your server is listening on.