Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT E-Mail question 2009, v11.0

CSI

ACT E-Mail question 2009, v11.0

ACT 2009 v11.0

Inside of ACT

When creating a new E-mail message. using the “select recipients” screen.  Select from: “all contacts”.  There is a “Name” and “Company” list/Column. There needs to be a “Group” list/Column on this same page.

I dont want to send the E-mail to everyone in that group (i have seen the option for that)

What I need is to be able to see what "group" someone is in when selecting Recipients.

Is there a way that I am unaware of to add this to the list.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT E-Mail question 2009, v11.0

Unfortunately, there is not a way to do this from the message screen, What you could do is lookup the members of the Group first, by right-clicking under the Contacts tab of the Group and selecting Create Lookup. Then, in the message screen, choose Current Lookup from the Select From dropdown. This will display the contacts you just looked up and can pick and choose. You can also omit the contacts you do not want to mail to from the lookup before creating the new message...this will narrow the list.

By the way, the Company column you see in the message screen is not the Company they are linked to, but the name of the company in the contacts Company Name field (though they can be the same). If you would like to see Company and Group names added to the new message screen in the ACT! Email Client in an update or future release, please post and discuss your request on the Share Your Ideas board in this Community.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.