Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Drop down menus not visible

ACT! Drop down menus not visible

Hello,  I am running 2010; I have a remote database on a Vista Laptop that is now giving me trouble viewing drop down menus.  For ex. I will run mouse over tools button and just an "outline" on drop down appears. If I move mouse be and forth I can get that box to appear. But if I move down to say the Database Maintainance button the sub menu will be that "outline" of drop down and I can not get any of the sub menus to show.  I know they are there because I know the Check and Repair button is on top and I can click where it should appear and it will launch.  My main data base runs on XP and it is fine and they sync fine.  But I can not operate my remote with this issue.  Any help is appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Drop down menus not visible

Try turning off the video hardware accleration.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks how do I do that??

Check here

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/disable-graphics-hardware-acceleration-windows-1.html

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I will try that. I lowered the resolution and that did not help. There is not an option to turn off accelerator. It has been working fine the entire year and the only thing I did different was HDMI to a monitor a couple of days ago not sure if that is related. I think I have a bug in here somewhere.

The resolution shouldn't matter ... but, as you changed the vid driver setting, dropping the acceleration or getting a driver update should do it