Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Dialler/Dialer

Copper Contributor

ACT Dialler/Dialer

Can someone please tell me if the ACT dialler window is supposed to get in the way and stop history being recorded for a contact?

Are there any other settings for dealing with how it works, as we could do with being able to type into the history box before and after hanging up a call. Currently I'm being told that history must be recorded and saved before the call can be hung up.

Also (related but may not be a ACT specific issue) but one of our users uses a desk phone plugged into the same line as the computer modem (i.e. using the modem simply as a number dialler, and the desk phone as a handset). The modem has recently been changed, and previously the call could be hung up by using the desk phone and this would end the call. Now, the modem appears to be still holding the line open

It's related because the old setup they had was to configure the dialler window to hide after dialling, as this would leave the record history window free to be typed into and closed when they wanted, and the call could be hung up using the phone handset independently of ACT. Now, the user has to use the ACT window to end the call, giving the problem with the record history window.

Please help because this is leading to huge problems for us, numbers are having to be dialled manually by this user so that history can be recorded properly, with an obvious huge efficiency hit.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Dialler/Dialer

You might have a look at itDial - much more flexible and lots more options (including incomming Caller ID)
Copper Contributor

I don't need anything to do with incoming calls, outgoing calls aren't working yet!

No offence intended at all, I'm sure you have a good product in itDial, but I don't see why an add on needs to be purchased at comparable cost to the ACT program in order to fix using a standard internal modem to dial a contact with an external phone used as a handset?

As a side note, the link to "Compare itDial with the ACT! Dialer" on your site also doesn't work so I can't really see what features it has (I don't need Skype integration or incoming call handling)

Is it really an unreasonable use case for ACT users using the dialler to record history DURING a call, instead of remembering it or writing it down elsewhere and retyping or copying back into ACT?

I'm sorry if I seem a little short, but I keep coming across niggling issues and finding out things simply don't work in ACT which are otherwise tainting what is, I'm sure, an exceptionally powerful program.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hopefully the link to the comparison document should be working now... and you'll see that the History issue is one of the items that it specifically addresses.
Copper Contributor

We have the same problem with the ACT dialer.  We just want to have ACT dial the phone numbers, then let us record history.  This is ridiculous.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Dialer/Dialer

Hello MLuck,

First of all I would like to say that: Yes, I agree that ACT should better deal with history recording. But as version after version it doesn´t happens I decided to test and started using "DPHistory" (http://datapluscrmsolutions.com/dpHistory/).

It doesn´t handles "phone call" but any history you want to record. It is almost the same window but allows you to keep open (and recording time) as many history windows as you want. It is nice.

Concerning to phone call I used regular phones in the past with external modems. It would work just fine with DPHistory.

Today I am using CallOnCRM with Skype credits to dial regular phones. It also allows me to dial and open DPHistory.

But, once more, this is something I believe Sage could do. I believe that would just be a matter to change "window property" for history to allow user to navigate to other window or ACT register  without the need to close the history.

I made the suggestion. Waited for a while... and decided to move.

I hope this helps you.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE