Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Dialer

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! Dialer

I am running ACT! 2010 by Sage in a Windows XP w/all updated service packs in both ACT! and Windows.

I recall (perhaps it is my wishful thinking) being able to use the dialer system without actually having a modem/phone line connected to my computer -  in other words, manually dialing the phone, but utilizing the capabilities of the tracking features associated with the dialer.  Here is the desire:  To use the timer and history tracking capability within the dialer to track my phone calls.

Is there a way to utilize these features within ACT! 2010 without having ACT! Dialer make the call from the machine?

Many thanks,

Sam Freeman

sfreeman@freemansauction.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfreeman@freemansauction.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT! Dialer

Look up the contact you are calling.

The Timer is started with either Shift+F4 or Tools -> Timer

Press the play button when you get connected.

Press the stop button (black square) at the end of the call and the New History dialogue box is opened for you to type in the notes about your conversation.

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfreeman@freemansauction.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Look up the contact you are calling.

The Timer is started with either Shift+F4 or Tools -> Timer

Press the play button when you get connected.

Press the stop button (black square) at the end of the call and the New History dialogue box is opened for you to type in the notes about your conversation.

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

Many Thanks...I saw this after I made the post...apologies for wasting your time.

Best,
Sam Freeman

[ Edited ]

Instead of making a new Thread and cluttering this up, can anyone tell me if ACT 2010 Premium dialer is possible anyway to use with a cell phone ? I have I phone and the new Droid. It seems it would require a tether / adapter to the cell phone but I have a feeling this is a long shot. I travel full time in an RV is the reason and work with cell phones only.   Sorry I posted the same questoin twice.  I thought I hit cancel when I didn't see my post appear right away but guess there is some lag time.

Has anyone every heard of a way to make the dialer (2010 Premium) work with a cell phone ? I travel full time in an RV. I have the new i4 and also the new Droid if that matters. Maybe this is a post for the the respective cell phone forums. The phones and computer both Bluetooth of course. I think it's a long shot but worth a shot to ask.

Wonder if there's a way to use Google Voice ?  If there was a utility that could pass the Act! phone number to Google Voice - then GV calls your cell, then connects the call.

Of course you can  copy/paste the phone number from Act! into a browser tab with GV

Nickel Elite Contributor

With ACT! 2008 I was using Magic Jack with my ACT! dialer just fine(requires modem in my pc), but I noticed yesterday that it is not working with ACT! 2010 dialer. What's up with that Sage?

HOWEVER, Gilles @ www.exponenciel.com has a add-on to use magic jack without a modem. I have used Magic Jack since it came out and love it. Pretty much FREE calling($20 bucks a year). I used to spend over $1,000 per month on phone bills.  Now I have to see if I can get it to work with ACT2010 with modem. I also use MJ when traveling with my laptop.

Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Nickel Elite Contributor

OK I got my act 2010 dialer working again (PERFECT)

using magic jack phone ( i had to reinstall my pci modem driver )  Dell INSPIRON PC  Conexant v.92 MODEM

I also had to re-install my magic jack  outlook add-on..

Take it with you on the road with your laptop.

Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Hello everybody,

Have you found a solution in order to use the cell phone with act dialer ? 

perhaps a way is to use the bluetooth modem mode but I couldn't find how to parameter act in order to use it .

Best regards

Nicolas

Tuned Listener

Bill, Your answer sounds like what I need. I have the brand new MagicJack "Go" and ACT pro 2011. My Dell e2200 does not have a modem. I want to dial out directly from contacts. What do you suggest?