Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Design Reports Help

ACT Design Reports Help

Hello,
We recently installed ACT in our organization and now trying to design some reports. I am hoping that you provide some direction on how to accomplish these types of reports in ACT.
We have a customized field Qualification Criteria (for each contact and company) which consists of 6 choices, we can select as many of the 6 criteria as is appropriate to each company/contact.  We also have another customized field ID/Status for companies/contacts (Lead-Raw, Lead-Potential, Lead - Sales, Customer, Supplier etc.) We would like to design the following reports.
1) Design report for Marketing Qualification Segregation (By Qualification Criteria).
So for example the report would look like this
 1st criteria
All companies/contacts that meet first qualification criteria
2nd criteria
All companies/contacts that meet second qualification criteria
etc. with all six qualification criteria
Is it also possible to count how many companies or contacts are in each criteria or how many meet any two of the six criteria etc.
2) Design report to list companies by ID/Status, use to ensure consistency of ID/Status for all companies - Would be use a group comprehensive report for this, but I see that there is no way to create groups of companies so I'm stuck on how to do this.
3) Design report to list contacts by ID/Status, use to ensure consistency for all contacts.
Again would I just use a group comprehensive report, so I would have to create a group with subgroups of each ID/Status. Is that the only way to do this?
Sorry for the length of the message and I would really appreciate if you can provide some help.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Design Reports Help

From your description, it sounds like the reports you want can be done with the ACT! reports. However what all would be involved in creating the report template is hard to say without access to the database itself and more information on what you want the output to look like.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT Design Reports Help

Thanks for your reply.

Basically all I want to do is Create a Report that displays Companies Grouped by ID/Status (a customized field). I could do that easily for contacts by creating a group/subgroups of contacts and then using the group comprehensive report, but ACT does not allow me to create a group for Companies, therefore I can not use the group comprehensive report for Companies. Is there a way to create a group of companies otherwise how can I create a report that lists companies grouped by a field.

Thanks