Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Database

ACT Database

Hello

I just inherited an ACT setup from a prior IT manager. The site did not receive any credentials and the ACT database seems to be missing. I need to know how I can retrieve the ACT database from a backup and then I need to know how I can reset the appropriate passwords in order to gain access.

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT Database

There are several directions you could go with this. First would be to make sure you don't have a database.  You can tell this by going to start, run, act diag on hte server.  Look on hte database tab and verify that in fact you don't have a database.  If you do, it will be listed here.

If nothing is there, go looking for data files, you will look for an alf, an ADF, and a files folder with the database name in it.

If you can't find this, look for .zip backup files. If you find these, you would open ACT and do a file restore, AS to reattach the database to sql.

Would really reccomend you contact an ACT Certified donsultant to help with this.  there is a danger of data loss if you restore over an existing database.  We would know what to look for.  If you need help, send usa  private message and I'll help you find one.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider