Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Database not accessible.

ACT Database not accessible.

[ Edited ]

Newbie here.

Definitely not a power user of ACT. I currently have a ACT (10.0) and recently set up my email account and selected the Microsoft Outlook function. This appears to have added a record a history tab to all my e-mails which is great. This new functionality worked for a few days but now when I try to log onto to my database an error message is appearing.

"The database -------- could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server."

I checked my firewall software and ACT 10 is a current exception. I should also mention my current database was originally created in the ACT for Win 7. I appear to be locked out of the database. The latest version of my database is in the ACT for Win 7 folder. I'm still using XP.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue.

Message Edited by erojas on 09-23-2008 11:56 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Database not accessible.

There could be more than one possible reason for this error.  Please refer to the following Knowledgebase article for list of possible causes and solutions:

Error: "The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network con...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.