Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Database Won't Load

ACT Database Won't Load

Hello All,

I am using ACT 2008 and am having trouble loading a database.  The machine the database resides on was recently formatted to install Windows 7.  All data was saved onto an external drive that was in turn put back onto the machine.  I am getting a log scan error when i try to open the database in questions. I am at end of my rope as this database has 14000 contact records. 

The error i am getting is as follows:  The log scan number (4333:150:1) passed to log scan in database 'Salesg' is not valid. This error may indicate data corruption or that the log file (.ldf) does not match the data file (.mdf). If this error occurred during replication, re-create the publication.

I do not have a backup to restore from any ideas???

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Database Won't Load

This error sounds like a damaged or missing database log file (.alf). Are you trying to restore from a backup of the database (.zip file) or a copy of the database files? If a copy, then make sure you have the .alf, .adf and database files for the database.
Example:
mydatabase.alf
mydatabase.adf
mydatabase-database files

You would open the database locally (not through a network) using the .adf file.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greg,

First let me thank you for your quick response.

I have all the files specified in your reply on my local machine and located in the same folder.

I get the error even when opening the .adf file locally.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Please see your Private Messages (envelope in upper right under Search button)

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.