Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Contacts

ACT Contacts

I am not very well versed in ACT.  Does anyone know how I can move a contact from one ACT database to an other???

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

[ Edited ]
I need to know if I can move a contact from one database to the other without deleting and re-entering the info??

{Post moved to original thread to consolidate information.}

Message Edited by tashina on 02-28-2008 04:59 PM

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

Look in act.com in the knowledgebase, using the export feature off the file menu, you can choose to export a single contact

Answer ID   14010
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Contacts

File | Export - Current Contact
It will copy it, not move... ie if you don't want it in the original database, you need to delete it

The File | Export - Current Contact is not available to me. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!

1. What version of ACT!?

2. Have you only selected "Contact Records"? If you select Company and/or Groups, you can't select Current Contact

Thanks for your response. I am on ACT! 2008 Version 10.0. I am highlighting one contact, clicking on Export and then I get an export wizard that will export the whole database. I do not get a choice of contact or database. Am I choosing the contact incorrectly?

What build of ACT! 2008 from Help | about?

If 10.0.0 or 10.0.1, can you try updating to 10.0.2 or 10.0.3 and see if this is fixed?

If you have a shared database (LAN or Sync), you will need to apply this patch for ALL users.