Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Calendar Integration

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT Calendar Integration

Help I finally got my calendar to integrat into my outlook - but it loaded a bunch of old data all into one day - over 2000 items - can anytone tell me why and most importantly how in the world do I get all these off both of my calendars.  Act and Outlook Calendar. 

Please - I use Outlook 2007 and Act 2010.  Any advice.  Also since I set up my schedule - my machine is working at a snails pace.  Anyone having issues like this?  I am not happy how this is working.  I have heard of doublelook?  Why should I have to pay for something in addition to what ACT should be able to do.  I am thinking of moving to SugarCRM.  I want a cloud base anyway!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dwickey
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Calendar Integration

Hello Dwickey,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Assuming you are using the 'Outlook Calendar Integration' option:

I can't tell why you have the 2000 items on the one day, but to remove them will be a manual process.  Here are two ways to help reduce the effort:

Use the Outlook Calendar Integration > Remove Calendar Data function to remove the activities from both ACT! and Outlook.  This will remove all of the entries that each program put into the other program.  It will not remove the original activity from it's original program.  Then you can look at the calendars to try and determine where they came from and remove/correct them before performing the Calendar Copy again.

In ACT! > go to the Task List view > you can highlight multiple items > then right click in the highligted area and select 'Clear Multiple Activities'.  You can then select to Clear or Erase them.

With 2000 activities scheduled for a single day, there certainly can be a response time issue.  As the activities are removed the response time should start to improve

Note: Always create a backup (File > Backup > Database) of your database before making mass changes.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author dwickey
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Calendar Integration

Hello Dwickey,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Assuming you are using the 'Outlook Calendar Integration' option:

I can't tell why you have the 2000 items on the one day, but to remove them will be a manual process.  Here are two ways to help reduce the effort:

Use the Outlook Calendar Integration > Remove Calendar Data function to remove the activities from both ACT! and Outlook.  This will remove all of the entries that each program put into the other program.  It will not remove the original activity from it's original program.  Then you can look at the calendars to try and determine where they came from and remove/correct them before performing the Calendar Copy again.

In ACT! > go to the Task List view > you can highlight multiple items > then right click in the highligted area and select 'Clear Multiple Activities'.  You can then select to Clear or Erase them.

With 2000 activities scheduled for a single day, there certainly can be a response time issue.  As the activities are removed the response time should start to improve

Note: Always create a backup (File > Backup > Database) of your database before making mass changes.

Greg Martin
Sage