Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 9.0, multi users, calendar doesn't update

ACT 9.0, multi users, calendar doesn't update

I have my ACT db on a server running SBS 2003.  When multiple users access the calendar, we see the same thing, until someone makes a change.  I would expect to see the change reflected on other user's sessions.  If they quit and run ACT again, they see the changes.

Am I missing something obvious?

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 9.0, multi users, calendar doesn't update

Mike ,

In the SQL version of ACT there are times where the update does not happen until you doa refresh. Try doing a view Refresh from the View menu and you should see the changes.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks, that helps.  Still, one would think during the day at some point it would do a refresh.  I'm not expecting it to update every second, but I'm surprised the client doesn't seem to get notified at all when the data on the server changes.
Bronze Contributor

You could put the button on the toolbar to do a refresh or if you close the calendar window andreopen it will also refresh might be the go
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.