Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 9.0 Sync Issues

Copper Contributor

ACT! 9.0 Sync Issues

I have just started using Act! 9.0, I am familier with ACT 6.0 and have synchronized with it many times.  I am trying to synchronize my ACT 9.0 database with my business partners, who works in a different location (and not within the same network).  I have successfully set up a sync set and a remote database on my laptop, how do I syn this remote database with his?  When I go into Tools>Synchronize than Synchronize Now is greyed out.

How do I do this???

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 9.0 Sync Issues

Basicly you create a Master Database and then create Remote databases from it. The Remote databases are moved to the remote machines. You can sync from the remote to the master using a local network connection (or VPN) or via an internet connection.

The detail depends on your version of ACT! (standard or premium), so check the Knowledge base at www.act.com or contact your local ACT! Consultant.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Copper Contributor

Our set up is this, I work out of my house, and I have a business partner that works out of his house.  We both are running ACT 9.0, but are not connected through any kind of network.  Is there no way to sync his database with mine?
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can sync through the web via Hamachi. There's information in the knowledge base, search for Hamachi.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129